Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Another class complete

Man, interesting class teaching to adult learners.  Experiencing the different needs and how to make the class matter to adults is a whole new beast.  Not having my own classroom always makes the major projects a bit of a difficulty.  I was fortunate enough to move into an environment this year that can be utilized for these projects.  My experience in this class allowed me to begin to create a lifting database for my fitness programming and facility.  I am utilizing the methods and steps to create courses to teach and attract youth and adults into the facility.  We are going to try and extend our information to include sports combine testing.  This course specifically with building a Moodle environment will allow us to teach the fundamentals to athletes all over the world while still having our "in-house" athletes to do specific training.  I am planning to make the fundamentals a course that the athletes will have to take before being accepted into our combine training.  We have not decided which LMS we will use or how we will deliver the material but because our target audience is 18-22 we will have no problem building a course that they can and will use over and over.

No comments: