Friday, November 30, 2012

Moodle

Well Moodle Class design.  That was an interesting, sometimes frustrating experience.  I had some difficulty with the Pre/Post Test Question bank and how to apply them to the gradebook.  However, once I figured it out it was an awesome tool .  The help desk for Moodle was where I turned to for most of my problems.  I utilized the handbook and forums to help me overcome my obstacles. 

I think that this would help me in the future because I can create a class like this for any of the lifting, nutrition, or exercise science topics I want for certification or general knowledge.  The gym that I am creating these for will be utilizing some of my material plus enhancing their YouTube presence in relation to these tests.  This will help out coaches in my area to better teach their players how to lift properly, hopefully lowering the number of injuries. 

Moodle seems like a great way to teach online courses.  Before I fully jumped into Moodle I would like to try some of the other LMSs out there such as Blackboard and see if they better suited my needs.  However, Moodle was very user friendly both as instructor and as student.

No comments: